- New Delegate FAQ: If this is going to be your first time coming to Classis, or if you just want a refresher, be sure to check out the “New Delegate FAQ” page.
- Announcements: The clerk of Classis regularly sends out notices with information about upcoming meetings, events, or items worth sharing.
- Remember that our Classis meetings are generally open to the public. If you would like to come to the meeting, we’d love to have you join us (especially for the pre-classis seminar!).
All documents for Classis can be found here: CLICK HERE
- The link will take you to an online folder, where you can navigate to the “Meetings” folder.
- Note that this online folder will be updated as new documents come available. You should check back a day or two before the meeting to make sure you have all you need.
Submitting your Classis Credentials & Lodging Registration online!
Date: March 4-5, 2019
Note: all times are listed in Central Time
Monday, March 4:
8:00 – 10:00 – CIC Meeting
10:00 – 10:30 – Registration
10:30 – 12:00 – Pre-Classis Seminar
12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch (12:15 – First Delegate Orientation)
1:45 – 2:30 – Pre-Classis Seminary Cont’d
2:30 – 2:45 – Break
2:45 – 5:30 – Classis Business
5:30 – 6:30 – Dinner
6:30 – Worship
Tuesday, March 5:
8:00 – 12:00 – Convening of Classis
12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch
1:00 – 2:00 – Classis Business
2:00 – Closing of Classis
Location: Edina, MN
Pre-Classis Seminar on Classis Renewal
Presenter: Rev. Al Postma
This pre-classis worship will explore Classis from multiple angles. We’ll talk about what classis is, what purpose/role it serves, some of the challenges and opportunities that classes are experiencing all around the US & Canada, the relationship between classis and congregational health, and practical ways to live together as a church community. This workshop will have a high level of participation, with the goal of using our time to also gather experience and insight from delegates to inform Classis Like Superior’s renewal process. Please invite those in your congregation to attend who have a passion for working better together with other churches in your classis.
As You Prepare:
- Why is it important for congregations to be in community with other congregations?
- How might a healthy classis support the health of congregations?