- New Delegate FAQ: If this is going to be your first time coming to Classis, or if you just want a refresher, be sure to check out the “New Delegate FAQ” page.
- Announcements: The clerk of Classis regularly sends out notices with information about upcoming meetings, events, or items worth sharing.
- Remember that our Classis meetings are generally open to the public. If you would like to come to the meeting, we’d love to have you join us (especially for the pre-classis seminar!).
All documents for Classis can be found here: CLICK HERE
- The link will take you to an online folder, where you can navigate to the “Meetings” folder.
- Note that this online folder will be updated as new documents come available. You should check back a day or two before the meeting to make sure you have all you need.
Submit your Classis Registration & Credentials online by SEPTEMBER 1, 2018:
Submit Credentials Online Now
If someone other than official delegates wish to attend, contact Rev. Don Draayer by Sept 1 for accurate numbers.
Note: No paper credentials need to be completed or taken to the classis meeting. Remember your checks/cheques though!
Date: Sept 17-18, 2018
Note: all times are listed in Central Daylight Time
Monday, Sept 19:
8:00am – CIC meeting
10:00am – Registration
10:30am – Pre-Classis Seminar
12:00pm – Lunch
12:15pm – First Time Delegate Orientation
1:00pm – Pre-Classis Seminar Cont’d
2:30pm – Classis Convenes
4:00pm – classis resumes
5:30pm – Dinner (Canadian Delegates meet with Darren Roorda)
6:45pm – Worship
Tuesday, Sept 20:
7:00am – Breakfast
8:00am – Classis convenes
8:30am – Examination of Candidates
12:00pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Classis Resumes
3:00pm – Break
3:15pm – Ministry Agenda
5:00pm – Classis Closes (may be sooner, depending on agenda).
Location: Lake Geneva Christian Center
Pre-Classis Seminar: Safe Church Ministry
Presenter: Bonnie Nicholas
Bonnie is currently serving the CRC as director of Safe Church Ministry, equipping congregations in abuse awareness, prevention and response. Bonnie has been in this position for almost 7 years. Before that she worked part time on staff with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at Michigan State University, where she also earned her Masters degree in Social Work in 2006.
She works in the denominational office in Grand Rapids, but her home is in the Lansing area. She lives half time, 3-4 days, in a small condo in Grand Rapids and half time at home in Mason MI with her husband of 40 years, Jim. Bonnie has two grown children and five grandchildren who live in Illinois and in South Dakota. She’s always happy to share pictures of her grand children with anyone who would like to see them.
Session 1: “Why Does My Church Need Safe Church Ministry?”
Session 2: “Beyond Policy”
Each seminar will include a brief presentation, group discussion around various scenarios, and times of Q&A. It will be interactive as we learn together from one another. Please feel free to bring questions, comments and concerns to add to our discussion.
For more info click here.