Brothers and sisters, council chairs,
Please read this carefully, as email receivers often skim and miss things.
1. Attached is the initial agenda for the September 14-15, 2015 meeting of Classis (find them online by clicking here). An addendum is sure to follow as several reports are yet missing.
2. Despite Synods ruling that deacons are now to be seated at classis meetings, effective immediately, CIC has decided we are not able to implement that yet as we had not budgeted for it and we might not have enough lodging space at Alexandria. We will work on this for next March and September.
3. You will also find attached promotional information for the Monday afternoon special presentation. We will be the first persons to receive the report of the synodical committee to report in 2016 re how we ought to respond to and minister in the changed context re gay marriage, etc.
We are opening this presentation to any congregation members who might wish to listen in. However, due to the intense nature of the topic we will limit speaking privileges to delegates only. Make sure those who choose to attend are aware of this so as not to come expecting to speak out and be disappointed.
Invitation is also given to stay for supper. However, as is noted in the agenda, guests must give advance notice so that the Center can provide the right amount of food. We request that those wishing to stay for supper give their names to you, your council, or secretary by September 4th, so that they in turn can inform the stated clerk before September 7th (preferably by email email@example.com) when the center requires that information. It will cost $10 for each person we say will be staying.
4. Special diets– if any delegate requires a special diet, there should also be attached a form they can fill out and return at least 10 days in advance to the center. If you cannot open one attachment, try the word document it also has contact info in it.
You can scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail of fax to
Guest Services Coordinator
Lake Geneva Christian Center
605 Birch Avenue, Alexandria, MN 56308
5. Meeting location has changed — We will now be meeting in the lower level of the Event Center. This is the new facility to the south of the Lakeview Center and Cafeteria where we used to meet.
6. Lodging — see instructions in the agenda.
There is a line that says lodging requests are to be emailed to the clerk. That means special requests only, eg. if you wish to have a single room reserved (for which you pay $30 extra) let me know. Otherwise, as per usual there will be a register in the Kingsriter building where you sign in, 2 persons to a room, and take your key. Simple as that.
7. There is no usage of alcohol or drugs allowed, and no smoking in any building.
8. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
In His Service,